is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact Form
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – the Operator of this website.
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with:
The operator (respectively his webspace provider) collects data about every access to the offer (so-called server log files). The access data includes: Name of the accessed website, file, date and time of access, transferred data volume, notification of successful access, browser type and version, the user’s operating system, referrer URL (the previously visited page), IP address and the requesting provider. The provider uses the protocol data only for statistical evaluations for the purpose of operation, security and optimization of the offer. However, the operator reserves the right to check the protocol data subsequently if there is a justified suspicion of illegal use based on concrete evidence.
Furthermore, we might gather your e-mail address, name, billing address, home address etc – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address. When readers post comments on this site, we collect the information displayed in the comment form, as well as the visitor’s IP address and the user-agent string (which identifies the browser) to assist in detecting spam.
Information automatically collected about you:
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Information from our partners:
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds.
Publicly available information:
While it is extremely unlikely but cannot ruled out, we may gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you;
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfil an obligation under law or contract.
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent. We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law. We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
On the website, we use “Shariff” buttons that are compliant with data protection laws. You can usually recognize the plugins by their respective social media logos. In order to guarantee data protection pursuant to on our website, we only use these plugins together with the so-called “Shariff” solution. This application prevents the plugins integrated on our website from transmitting data to the respective provider as soon as you enter the site for the first time.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience.
On our website we use Google Fonts. The provider is Google Inc (“Google”), 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. The operator has a legitimate interest in the use of the service. Google Fonts is an important component to keep not only the quality but also the performance of our website high. All Google fonts are automatically optimized for the web and this saves data volume and is a great advantage especially for the use with mobile devices. When you visit our website, the fonts are reloaded via a Google server. This external request transfers data to the Google servers. In this way, Google also recognises that you or your IP address are visiting our website. Google Fonts stores CSS and font requests safe at Google. Whether Google also stores further data is not clearly ascertainable or is not clearly communicated by Google. To delete this data prematurely, you must contact Google support.
Besides that, we share your data with:
Our processing partners:
- Google Analytics
Our business partners:
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
This website uses functions of the web analysis service Google Analytics. The provider is Google Inc (“Google”), 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. The operator has a legitimate interest in the use of the service.
Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”. These are text files which are stored on your computer and which enable an analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there.
This website uses the “demographic features” function of Google Analytics. This allows reports to be generated that contain information about the age, gender and interests of the site visitors. This data comes from interest-based advertising by Google as well as from visitor data from third parties. This data cannot be attributed to any specific person. You can disable this feature at any time by changing the ad settings in your Google Account, or generally prohibit Google Analytics from collecting your information as described in the “Opting out of data collection” section.
We have activated the IP anonymization function on this website. This means that your IP address will be truncated by Google within member states of the European Union or in other signatory states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area before it is transmitted to the USA. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on the website activities and to provide further services to the website operator in connection with the use of the website and the Internet. The IP address transmitted by your browser within the framework of Google Analytics is not combined with other data from Google.
On the website, we use “Shariff” buttons that are compliant with data protection laws. You can usually recognize the plugins by their respective social media logos (e.g. Facebook, WhatsApp). In order to guarantee data protection pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR – Regulation (EU) 2016/679), we only use social-media-plugins together with the so-called “Shariff” solution. This application prevents the plugins integrated on our website from transmitting data to the respective provider as soon as you enter the site for the first time.
Only when you activate the respective plugin by clicking the corresponding button, a direct connection to the provider’s server is established (consent). As soon as you activate the plugin, the respective provider receives the information that you have visited our site with your IP address. If you are logged in to your respective social media account (e.g. Facebook) at the same time, the respective provider can assign the visit to our pages to your user account. You can find more information on the Shariff project (in German) by clicking here.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
For security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content, such as orders or inquiries that you may send to us as the site operator, this site uses SSL or TLS encryption. You can recognise an encrypted connection by the fact that the address line of the browser changes from “http://” to “https://” and by the lock symbol in your browser line. If the SSL or TLS encryption is activated, the data that you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
Cookies and other technologies we use
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
If you send us enquiries via the contact form, your details from the enquiry form, including the contact data you provide there, will be stored by us for the purpose of processing the enquiry and in the event of follow-up questions. We will not pass on this data without your consent.
The processing of the data entered in the contact form is thus exclusively based on your consent. You can revoke this consent at any time. For this purpose, an informal notification by e-mail to us is sufficient. The legality of the data processing operations carried out up to the time of revocation remains unaffected by the revocation.
The data entered by you in the contact form will remain with us until you request us to delete it, revoke your consent to its storage or the purpose for which it was stored ceases to apply (e.g. after your enquiry has been processed). Mandatory legal provisions – in particular retention periods – remain unaffected.
Contact Information For Privacy Purposes
Last modification was made April 21, 2020